Pioneers: Plowden, Rumbold, Ball
30 November 2017
We look at how the reports authored and championed by Sir Christopher Ball, Lady Bridget Plowden and Dame Angela Rumbold influenced education policy.
- Lady Plowden, Dame Angela Rumbold and Sir Christopher Ball were authors of three of the most influential modern assessments of early education
- Their work continues to be a source of inspiration, review and critique of the early learning culture and effective practice
- Practitioners should familiarise themselves with the contents of the reports: Start Right: The Importance of Early Learning; Children and their Primary Schools; Starting With Quality: The Rumbold Report of the committee of inquiry into the quality of the educational experiences offered to 3-and 4-year olds
Note: This article was first published in the February 2008 issue of eye
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.