A book about me
2 October 2018
Claire Hewson provides a guide to using Apple’s My story app to enable children to create a book all about themselves. Help them to gain the skills to insert their own drawings, photos and text.
- Download My Story from the App Store – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/my-story-school-ed...
- Digital Technologies and Learning in the Early Years edited by Lorna Arnott (Sage).
- iPads in the Early Years: Routledge Research in Early Childhood Education (Routledge)
- Crayons and iPads: Learning and Teaching of Young Children in the Digital World by Debra Hardwood (Sage)
- Exploring Play and Creativity in Pre-Schoolers’ Use of Apps, TAP – www.techandplay.org/reports/TAP_Early_Years...
- Using tablets and apps to enhance emergent literacy skills in young children, ScienceDirect – www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/...
A great advantage of iPads is that they are so easy to use. With the touch of a button children can operate a camera, microphone or typewriter, all of which would have been too tricky in earlier decades. Since not all children have access to them at home, it is important that early years practitioners provide opportunities to use tablets creatively.
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.