Thursday, August 16, 2018
Share Jill Murphy’s wonderful books – including Peace at Last – to explore ideas of being sensitive to the feelings of others. Observe how they take turns and listen to each other’s ideas.
- A collection of books by Jill Murphy
- Large cardboard box; wellington boots; colander; soft toy owl; apple; biscuits; teddy bear; helping hand badges; cardboard; laminator; paper; pencils; paints; musical instruments; suitable props to set up the Large Family Home in the home corner (see below).
Another favourite family in children’s fiction is The Large family, the friendly family of elephants created by the wit and pen of author and illustrator, Jill Murphy. She cleverly captures the challenges of young children’s behaviour alongside the unconditional love of their family. Jill Murphy is also well known for the classic Worst Witch stories for KS1 children, the space adventures of Baby Bear in Whatever Next, the extraordinary journey of imagination by a small girl in On the Way Home, and The Last Noo-Noo, for which she won the Smarties Book Prize in 1995. Many of her books can be enjoyed online on Youtube including an animated series about The Large Family. Share her books with your children and encourage them to play co-operatively, take turns, listen to each other’s ideas and show sensitivity to other’s needs and feelings.
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.