Catch the moment
2 October 2018
A trip or outing is full of new sights, events and experiences and by photographing them children can make sense of their memories. This also gives the practitioner a unique insight into their thinking.
- VTech Kidizoom Duo Digital Camera – www.elc.co.uk
- For a wide range of single use, affordable disposable cameras and photo paper, try – www.ebay.co.uk or www.amazon.co.uk
- Clipboards for making notes
- Listening to Young Children: A Guide to Understanding and Using the Mosaic Approach (2017): Alison Clark: National Children’s Bureau
- Summer: A Pop-up Book by David A Carter (Abrams Appleseed)
- The Gruffalo Spring and Summer Nature Trail by Julia Donaldson (Macmillan Children’s Books)
- Who’s In My Family? By Anita Ganeri and David Chandler (A and C Black)
Taking a camera on a trip or outing adds an extra dimension to a young child’s experience. Giving children the freedom to photograph whatever they choose is a key tenet of the Mosaic Approach (see May issue).
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.