Five ways to improve wellbeing
Thursday, February 22, 2018
How do you introduce the concept of ‘looking after yourself’ to young children? How do you define the concept and make it relevant to their lives? Here we provide some ideas.
Characteristics of effective learning
Each of the activities suggested are aimed at supporting the child across the three learning areas: Playing and Exploring; Active Learning; Creating and Thinking Critically, for example:
- By making the small books or IOU vouchers you are supporting the child’s small motor skills, as well as encouraging them to explore the safe use of different tools and materials.
- During discussions and by posing open and closed questions you are supporting the child’s communicating skills, expanding their vocabulary and supporting their understanding of how their actions can positively impact on another person.
- When encouraging the children to take notice of the world around them you are supporting their understanding of the world and that there are differences and similarities between things and people.
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.