Impressions of sunflowers
2 October 2018
Kim Benham, senior manager at outstanding nursery Sparkles, in Croydon, begins her new monthly column recommending resources and creative themes.
- Outdoor chalk board – https://www.tts-group.co.uk/outdoor-mark-making-chalkboard-daisies-
- Newsprint paper roll – https://www.bakerross.co.uk
- LCD boards – https://www.ebay.co.uk
- Shaping tools – https://www.hope-education.co.uk
- Clip boards – https://www.staples.co.uk
- Chunky chalk – https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk
Here Comes the sun!
Children’s artistic ability never ceases to amaze me. Add a bit of nature and watch to see where children take it. The provocation here is a beautiful miniature sunflower perfectly blooming in a pot. Paint is provided to match the colours. Tea leaves are provided to give the option of imitating the seeds in the flower’s centre. Once the materials are on the table, children can use them as they wish. There is no right or wrong way to use the provocation or the materials. There are two aspects to this activity; the nature and the nurture.
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.