Ready for lift off!
2 October 2018
Karen Hart continues her exploration of wings and flight with some creative activities, using natural resources, that will help children to begin to understand the laws of aerodynamics.
- Whose Nest is This? By Heidi Roemer and Connie McLennan (Taylor Trade Publishing).
- Mama Built a Little Nest by Jennifer Ward (Beach Lane Books)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (Puffin Books)
- RSPB My First Book of Garden Birds by Mike Unwin (A&C Black Childrens & Educational).
I recently asked a group of children at a nursery I visited to name things that fly, and birds, butterflies and planes were quickly suggested. When I then pushed a bit further, children offered bees and all manner of bugs – of which some, I’m pretty sure, don’t exist!
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.