Up in the clouds
2 October 2018
What could be more educational than sitting outdoors on a sunny day and looking up at the clouds? Karen Hart suggests creative activities that encourage children to engage imaginatively with the world.
- The Cloud Book by Tomie de Paola (Holiday House)
- Little Cloud by Eric Carle (Picture Puffin)
- Are you a Dragonfly? By Judy Allen (Kingfisher Books)
- In the Small, Small Pond by Denise Fleming (Henry Holt & Company)
- The Honeybee and the Robber by Eric Carle (Philomel Books)
- Little Bee by Edward Gibbs (Templar Publishing)
- The Bad-tempered Ladybird by Eric Carle (Puffin Books)
The days are getting longer and (occasionally) there’s a bit of sunshine to make us all feel ready to go exploring the natural world. What could be a better than going outside, laying on the grass and looking up at a lovely blue sky and some fluffy white clouds? What shapes can they find hidden in the clouds?
Register now to get access to more of our great articles.
Thank you for visiting Early Years Educator and making use of our archive of expert features, practical activity ideas and news. Why not register today and the enjoy the following great benefits:
- Weekly email newsletters, providing you themed activity ideas, topical features and news
- Unlimited access to news and selected features.
- Access to 4 free articles per month from our practical database.